I am a big fan of sesame oil I have decided. Since I made my last batch of Chinese pork dumplings (aka potstickers), I have looked for more opportunities to use this delicious Asian seasoning. Oh! By the way, have I ever mentioned that I have another food blog? If not, here’s a link to my other blog Heavenly Home Cooking if you’d like to check it out.
Okay, back to these deviled eggs, if you’re a fan of Asian flavors like sesame oil, soy sauce and rice vinegar, then I bet you’ll love these eggs. Again, I omitted the mayo because there really isn’t a need for it. In its place, I used vegetable oil. I didn’t want to overwhelm all of the other flavors with sesame oil so I used vegetable oil which has a neutral flavor. The recipe calls for 2 tablespoons, but if you end up with a crumbly filling, just add a little more until you get a creamy texture.
Why Asian-inspired deviled eggs? Well, I enjoy the distinctive flavors found in many Asian dishes, and I bet a lot of you do too. I intend for this website to be a collection of a wide variety of deviled eggs from which to choose, incorporating flavors from around the world. As I’ve perused cookbooks, chatted with friends and family and noticed from the comments on this blog, many people love deviled eggs! And why not? They are super easy to make, scrumptious, enduring crowd-pleasers and actually pretty good for you if you don’t go overboard.
- Six large eggs, hard cooked and peeled. I recommend the steam method to cook your eggs.
- 1 chopped green onion
- 3 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- ¼ tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks to a medium bowl. Set whites aside.
- Add onion, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, vegetable oil, garlic and salt and pepper.
- Mix well. I like to use a mixer.
- Pipe or spoon mixture back into egg whites.
- Garnish with sesame seeds. Chill in refrigerator until serving.
I hope that you enjoy these Asian-inspired deviled eggs. Please let me know if you make them!