Bacon, bacon…everything’s better with bacon. It’s a popular saying. It’s so often very true though, isn’t it? These deviled eggs with bacon and cream cheese are certainly no exception. The cream cheese adds a light, creamy flavor and texture. It nicely counterbalances the egg-y flavor of the yolks. What is that distinctive egg-y flavor and scent anyhow? Sulfur? In any case, sometimes you don’t want your deviled eggs to be too egg-y in order to allow your co-starring ingredients to shine. Know what I mean?
One tip that I’ve been meaning to mention if you’re transporting your deviled eggs, say to a picnic or gathering at someone else’s house, is to keep your egg whites and filling separate until you arrive at your destination. You can place your filling in a ziploc food storage bag and your egg whites in one layer in a plastic food storage container. Once you arrive at your destination then you can simply snip off the tip of your filling bag and pipe away. Alternatively, you can use a piping bag and tip. Just place the tip and fill the bag as you normally would. This filling is sturdy enough that it won’t leak out. I should also mention that a large round tip would probably be best for this recipe because it contains bacon bits that might get stuck in a star tip. I speak from experience. 🙂 One of these days I will get around to writing a page devoted to deviled eggs tips.
Don’t they look delicious? Trust me, they are! I’ve made a few deviled eggs with bacon, they’re the best and most popular! This recipe does contain ranch dressing which is made with mayo so I can’t say that they’re mayo-free, but I can say that they contain just a little teensy bit of mayo. That’s not too bad, right?
If you make these deviled eggs with bacon, please let me know in the comments that you did and what you thought of them. I would love to hear from you!
- 6 eggs, hard cooked and peeled. I recommend the steam method for cooking your eggs. Foolproof!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. ground mustard
- 2 tbsp. ranch dressing
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks to medium bowl. Set whites aside.
- Add cream cheese to egg yolks. Mix with mixer on low to medium speed.
- Add mustard and ranch dressing. Mix until well blended.
- Add crumbled bacon, reserving some for garnish if desired. Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with crumbled bacon if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.