A good friend of mine loves to snack on lemon cilantro hummus with garlic crackers. I had never tried hummus and he turned me on to this delicious healthy alternative to traditional dip. I hope you enjoy this variation!
- 1 16 oz can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans
- ¼ cup liquid from can of chickpeas
- 3-5 tablespoons lemon juice (depending on taste)
- 1½ tablespoons tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, finely chopped
- Drain chickpeas and set aside liquid from can.
- Combine remaining ingredients in blender or food processor.
- Add ¼ cup of liquid from chickpeas.
- Blend for 3-5 minutes on low until thoroughly mixed and smooth.
Recipe from Saad Fayed, Mideast Food Expert at About.com