Stuffed baked potatoes was the inspiration for this recipe. I included all of the things I absolutely love in a baked potato. I try to keep it simple. Occasionally I top my potatoes with other ingredients, like chives or broccoli, but sour cream, bacon and cheddar cheese are definite must-haves.
I’ve been trying to mix it up and include more deviled egg recipes that don’t use mayo. I know that many people are concerned about spoilage, fat and calories. While I wouldn’t call these deviled eggs “lightened up,” you can go lighter by using low fat or fat-free sour cream. You can also try a skinny cheddar cheese.
Whatever you do, please do ’cause these eggs are pretty darn good, if I do say so myself.
The tanginess of the sour cream and cheddar cheese combines beautifully with the saltiness of the bacon. Of course you have the rich creaminess of the yolks too. It all adds up to an appetizer that you can confidently bring to your next party!
- 6 eggs, hard cooked
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- 1 tsp. salt
- 5 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tbsp. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Hard cook eggs. I recommend the steam method.
- Peel eggs and cut in half lengthwise.
- Remove yolks into medium bowl and mash with fork.
- Add sour cream, salt, bacon and cheese. Mix well. I use a mixer.
- Pipe or spoon mixture into egg whites and garnish with bacon crumbles and sour cream in a condiment bottle. Refrigerate until serving. Enjoy!